Here it is 3:15 a.m. and I'm setting up this blog. We are off to Santa Fe, New Mexico to visit Jacky's sister Lee. May not be quite awqake but I hope the rest of Minnesot is in bed, sound asleep. Sooo quiet in the house without the dogs here. Poor puppies! Oh well, it will be a short 4 days for all of us.
Sitting in Denver Airport waiting for the next plane to Albuquerque. The last flight from Minneapolis was very smooth. Lots of small children everywhere though....You know how that can be!
Made it! The weather is beautiful today. Jacky's brother Allen and sister-in-law Carolyn picked us up and drove us the hour to Santa Fe. I must say the scenery was extremely different from what we were used to...flat with scrubs and red sand or rock. It got better the closer to Santa Fe though.
We went right to the restaurant - called la boca. Small wonderful place. A man walking by stopped and told us the food there was wonderful. It is a Spanish cuisine place, so I was not familiar with the food.
This was my appetizer- red beet soup (wonderful!) in a glass. Also you will see homemade bread that you dip in Olive oil, and a glass of Sherry (!)
I picked a seafood kind of stew which was wonderful! It had calamari - both larger and baby octopus, scallops, mussels in a chili tomato sauce. Yum!!!
This is dessert, just a little whipped cream with fresh berries. Not heavy! And a perfect serving size.
Lee's house, or hacienda, which is really what it makes me think of, is gorgeous. There aren't words to express this beautiful place. Where Lee's house sits are others scattered throughout the canyon. Because of the adobe structure, they all look like they belong in the landscape. Let's house could be right out of the House Beautiful. Her rooms are all decorated with a theme.
This is the patio in the back of her house.
This is the view off the side of the patio -
Another view. Jacky is checking out things with binoculars. When the sun is high, those cream colored curtains are drawn to keep sun out of the house.
There will be more pictures of the inside of the house another day. I did get to add two new birds to my life list. One was the Mexican Jay. I did not get a picture of him but I did of the other one - a spotted towhee. Who Hoo! He did not mind me in the least. See if you can find him in this picture...
Hint: look at the left end of the piece of wood at the middle of the picture...
This is the end of the first part. Part 2 will come in a little while, or tomorrow!











That food looks delicious! You are learning all kinds of new things.
ReplyDelete