Woke up to the sounds of ravens outside the window. Not exactly the 'birdsong' I like first thing. Then, waiting for the shower (have 1 bathroom for 4 of us) I just had a brief song by resident coyotes! Lee has seen them often here amongst the adobe houses. I tell you these were very close! Off to town for breakfast.
Had brunch outside at a small French restaurant. I had Crepes Jarden. It was pretty good and we had a fun waitress from the east coast. Then it was off to shop a little more.
After I picked up a thing or two, we all got back together and went to see some of the many galleries in Santa Fe. Lee said Santa Fe is third in the nation for the number of art galleries - behind New York City and Los Angeles. I believe it! If you are ever in Santa Fe, go down Canyon Blvd. it is incredible. Here are a few of the wonderful sculptures outside the various galleries...
This one's for you, Ben
This is the La Fonda Hotel. The architecture is similar to what is found around town.
Notice the ravens also around the base. They are not real.
Children playing in the sandbox. Aren, this one's for you. You always loved sandboxes! (Better to play with your toy trucks in! )
And this one's for you Anna...
The other side of this bear has bronze bees all over his fur!
Truffle Pig
This sculpture of a cowboy has not been fired yet. The artist is selling his statues before they have been made. On all castings in this gallery, there was a sign up sheet for pre- sold statues. Half required down, second half when delivered. I believe this one cost $24,000. So you better have $12,000 to put down to reserve yours!
As you can see, I took a lot of pictures of sculptures. That's mainly because they were outside. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures of artwork inside the galleries. But there was plenty of beautiful beautiful paintings and other media. Come visit sometime! (Emma!)
Doesn't this one make you want to join them? This one must be for you Emma!
Just a few more pictures of Lee's lovely house...
One of these on each side of the entry way
Lovely Southwestern art!
The Master bedroom, or the 'boot' room!
Better view of the boots...
Sitting room
Kitchen
Breakfast Nook
Time to go home. Our Southwest flight was full but the planes have a lot more room than, say, Delta planes. We had a stop in Phoenix although it did continue on to Minneapolis. But as we were approaching the Phoenix airport, the stewardess said on the loudspeaker " It is 106 thousand degrees in Phoenix!" That got a laugh. I guess 106 degrees was almost too high to comprehend! We were very lucky in Santa Fe. It never really felt that hot, except for climbing those steep ladders in Bandelier! I hope to go back and visit Santa Fe again soon, maybe stay longer. Thank you Lee!



















What a great last entry to your Blog! I would love to visit this place. Much to see there. Thanks, Lori, for a wonderful Blog!!!
ReplyDelete